We're thrilled to share some fantastic updates with you. We've been working tirelessly to enhance your experience on our site, and we're excited to introduce several new features we're sure you'll love. From picture folders to extended story lengths, there's something for everyone. Let's dive into what's new!
Picture Folders and Storage (Available to all)We understand that organizing your pictures is essential, so we've made it easier to manage them with the addition of picture folders!!!!111!!!! (I know, it only took us three years :D ). Now you can create up to five folders for regular users or an impressive 100 folders for donating members. Plus, we're increasing the image upload cap—regular users can now upload 100 images while donating members can store up to 2,500 images.
--- Personal note: Picture limits are new. Only one account currently has above 2,500 images (over 6500, to be precise). While introducing limits after something was unlimited always creates some understandable dislike, we hope you all can see the point behind it. The limit only applies to pictures you can store on ChatFighters in your photo manager. You can still upload endless pictures on the fly by uploading them directly into the chat from your device. The new uploading interface is already online for a few days, and it even remembers your last nine direct uploads. The new limit applies to what you upload permanently here. It does not apply to what you drag&drop or upload in the chat. While it is a limit, it should not restrict you in your creative freedom.
Direct GIF Integration (Donors only)For our donating members, we're adding the ability to upload and store GIFs in your profiles or folders. This feature will make your collections more dynamic and fun, allowing you to express your creativity and make your profile stand out. You can even make your main character picture a GIF. Note: the small chat thumbnail will stay a static version of your GIF in the chat. (We don't want that the chat list becomes to gify).
While donors can upload gifs directly, we did not limit the ability to link gifs from external sources into your profile (which was, until today, the only way to add gifs. Which is no longer needed but still can be used). But to upload Gifs, and make them your main character picture, you have to be a donor.
Chat and GIPHY.com connection (Available to all)We're enhancing the chat experience by connecting it directly to GIPHY.com. This API integration allows you to search for and add GIFs to your conversations with just one click, making your chats more engaging and entertaining. If you don't want to donate, this can be a great way. Use GIPHY to host your gifs, and add them to the chat directly.
Extended Story Lengths and Introductions (Donors only)More good news for our donating members! We've significantly increased the (word)character limit for stories and introductions. Now you can create stories with up to 300,000 (around 600 pages) characters in length, giving you more room to develop your imaginative narratives. (Instead of 100,000; around 200 pages)
And profile introductions with 100,000 instead of 10,000 (around 20 pages).
Copy picture URLs (Available to all)You can copy each picture URL on your account with the new Copy button. And add the picture to your stories or directly into the chat. While this was possible with various workarounds, this new way should make it more convenient to enhance your stories.
Chat Interface Improvements (Available to all)We've also made some adjustments in the past weeks to the chat interface, ensuring a smoother and more enjoyable experience for all our ChatFighters. Such as the new interface for pictures:
BugfixingAs always, we fixed many bugs but added some hidden new ones - if you find them, please let us know!
Crypto Currency Donations (Available to all)To provide more options for supporting ChatFighters, we're now accepting donations in various cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin. Additionally, we offer Credit cards and bank transfers.
All donor perks on this page apply to all your characters if at least one of your characters has donor status.
All your characters can create massive stories of up to 250.000 in length, even if the donor Char is not part of the story itself.
Support us with a donation to our site.
We're confident you'll enjoy these new features, and we can't wait for you to try them out. We're committed to continually improving ChatFighters and keeping you entertained, so stay tuned for more updates in the future. In the meantime, happy chatting, fighting, and exploring your creativity! Thanks for being part of the ChatFighters community!
After we transition to Phase 1, and Phase 2, we are now leading into the final Phase 3 of planetary colonization.
Venus stays unrestricted. Consider it the 'classic' ChatFighters.com experience.
A return to Earth is no longer possible. In the 21st century, greed and misinformation made the planet unhabitable for generations.
Advancements in nanotechnology made it possible to change the color of the whole world! The council cannot take the burden (and blame) for choosing the right color. Therefore everyone can suggest a color. And the top most mentioned colors will be voted one. Our advanced holographic simulator will showcase a view of the planet for the final voting. The council will keep his veto right.
Enter the federation Terraforming Venus to suggest your color and cast your votes.
We are pleased to announce that phase 2 of the ChatFighters Planetary System has officially begun!
As part of this phase, the split that was previously in the chat will now be implemented across the main site.
Upon entering CF, you will be prompted to select between Venus and Mars. This choice will determine which version of the site you will be directed to.
Mars will only host male characters and male vs male battles. Character keywords "male/female" or "female/female" will not be able to enter Mars once the planetary restrictions are enforced. Venus is the choice for intergender communication and battles and will not allow "male/male" characters.
Your CF account and all characters attached to it will be accessible on both Mars and Venus. However, it is important to note that chat rooms, comments, and messages are separated now between the two sites. Changes made on one site will not propagate to the other site.
With this in mind, we recommend choosing one primary site for each of your characters in preparation for phase 3.
In conjunction with the phase 2 launch, most of our federations have also been assigned to either Mars or Venus. If you are a federation admin and believe your federation has been assigned to the wrong planet, please open a support case through the help center. Some general federation will continue to exist on both planets. As a federation admin, you can request the removal of one version.
As this is a cyber fight roleplaying site, you may also consider modifying or creating additional characters on either site in order to align with the planetary restrictions. This will allow you to fully participate in the content and functionality of both versions of the site.
In preparation for phase 3, we also encourage you to select your character stats as soon as possible. This will ensure that you are ready for the next phase of our change and can fully participate in the site's content and functionality.
We understand that this change may be difficult for some members of our community, and we want to assure you that it was not made lightly. We believe that this split will ultimately lead to a better experience for all of our users, and we appreciate your understanding and support as we move forward with this transition.
Thank you for your continued engagement and participation in our community.
Frequently asked questions and comments, answered:
- 1) I'm on Mars. How can I switch to Venus?
- In chat, use the menu and select "Fly me to #venus". On the main site, use the planet icon near the top to switch.
- 2) Can I join both?
- Yes, you can be in both rooms and on both sites at the same time. You simply need a 2nd browser tab.
- 3) My Federation was wrong assigned. / I want to remove it from one of the Plants.
- Please contact us (over support), and we will make the necessary adjustments.
- 4) I have friends on ... Can I still talk to them?
- Yes, during phase 2 everyone can join every site. With phase 3, you might need to create a 2nd character to stay in touch. This is one reason we are rolling this feature out in phases.
- 5) 2nd browser tab just to talk to some of my friends this
- Yes, unfortunately, this is true. But also, it is just one more tab.
- 6) Will messages be synced between Mars and Venus?
- No. Your initial messages got synced at the creation of Mars and Venus. Future messages you are sending will not be synced. (same applies to comments, stories and chat rooms)
- 7) I'm a room admin. Do I need now to be in the same room twice on both sites?
- Yes, depending on the goal you had when you created the room, you might request the termination (open ticket) of one of the rooms on the either planet Or keep both. You can, of course, also pass on the owner's right to someone else. This can be a new or existing character of you too.
- 8) My gender is "cyborg"
- "Cyborg" does not equal "Male" and will not be able to join Mars once Phase 3 begins. Recommended action: Depending on your liking, enjoy Venus, or change your gender to "Male"
- 9) My keywords include both "Male/Male" and "Male/Female"
- Characters with the "Male/Female" keyword will not be able to join Mars once Phase 3 begins. Recommended action: Remove "Male/Female" on your Mars Character - or create a new character.
- 10) This goes too fast! / This goes too slow!
- 11) Why is this happening?
- See previous news posts - and comments. The short summary is: frequent user requests and careful deliberation.
- 12) This is stupid and makes no sense.
- See previous news posts - and comments.
- 13) This sucks!
- They are many alternatives out there, discord and similar websites to us. If you hate a place, don't use it. Constructive criticism is appreciated.
- 14) This is awesome; thank you!
- You are welcome.
- 15) This is a drastic change.
- Yes, it is, and we are aware of the consequences. But the dust will settle once the new colonies establish on they planet.
- 16) What's next?
- Next up is Phase 3: we will start enforcing the rules for Venus and Mars; if you try to join a plant with a character that is not appropriate, you will receive an error message and get redirected. Your characters will no longer exist on both planet: they will instead become residents of either Venus or Mars.
- 17) Can I criticize this change?
- 18) Can I criticize this change by insulting people (refer to our Terms of Service)?
- Nope. We have enough work cut out for us without having to deal with unnecessary rudeness.
- 19) Can I repeatedly criticize this chance by spamming my opinions over and over in all rooms and all other places I find?
- No. We do you the courtesy of reading every comment, so please return the favor of only making your point once.
- 20) You should (have) communicated this change better?
- We are trying our best with limited resources. And we are not professional PR people.
- 21) I want a purely Female vs Female planet
- Our resources are thin and we are not sure how difficult or expensive it will be to run two Planets. We are confident that the ongoing change is already an improvement for a large number of members, FvF included.
Please read below for a 2022-12-20 update.
TL;DR: The chat #lobby is replaced by two new rooms: #mars and #venus. More changes are coming.
We're excited to announce a major update to our site, one that will be rolled out in multiple phases. As part of this update, we are dividing our site into two Planets: Mars and Venus.
Mars will remain largely unchanged, with just a few minor adjustments. This section of the site will focus again to cater to those who are looking for male vs male wrestlers.
Its counterpart, Venus will offer a brand new experience for your characters. This section of the site will be specifically tailored to those who are looking for female wrestlers and those who are interested in mixed matches (male vs female).
As a first phase of the Venus launch, we have introduced a division of the main chat room. When you enter the chat, you will be asked which planet you would like to join: Mars or Venus. This popup is only for the transition period, each character can join any planet, regardless of his or her preferences.
Over the next few days, the changes will continue. Adjusting all sections of ChatFighters, and moving them into space.
To help make the transition as smooth as possible for your characters, we recommend selecting your roles (male/male, female/female, or male/female) based on your preferences for each specific character. (The limit of keywords was increased by three for the transition period, allowing you to add one or more of these roles).
We hope that this change will provide an even better experience for all of our wrestling fans and we can't wait to hear your thoughts on the new Venus site. But keep in mind, that today's update is not the final stage. Thank you for your continued support and stay tuned for more updates!
2022-12-20 UpdateI am writing to let you know about the next steps we have planned based on our estimated timeline. Here is what you can expect in the coming weeks:
Please be aware that this is just a rough outline of what is to come, and more detailed information will be shared as it becomes available. We will keep you updated as things progress, and we appreciate your patience and understanding as we work towards our goals.
Thank you for your support.
We live the twenty-first century
So astronaut training's mandatory
To return to Earth
Show us your good mirth
And write a limerick in commentary
Thanks for joining April's fool!
The limerics you sent simply rule!
And all those who grumbled
Angry or disgruntled
Helped us in contrast look cool